Popular Posts

Sunday, December 12, 2010

Day 2

Lendon and my mom arrived today. My dad and I drove to the airport without a GPS only map quest which is only so good because the signs are in german. lol After picking up Lendon and my mom we went to the Schahof to see Bentley and start on the ever popular two-a-days. Two-a-days is when Bentley and I do a stretchy ride in the morning concentrating on his suppleness and the half halts. After our morning ride we went back to the hotel for a nice nap. I slept over 2 hours, I couldn't believe it I was so tired. After feeling nice and refreshed we went back to the barn to do my schooling ride with bentley. It was the normal first schooling ride where he doesn't want to half halt right away. After working through his stubbornness and not giving up my back I finally felt that we had finally worked through it. Before almost every show this year I had one very tuff ride then the rest were AMAZING, so hopefully the pattern continues.

    On the weekends most of the horses are just hand walked or some are allowed in the round pens that they use as paddocks for a bit. A couple of the more experienced horses were schooled but for the most part the indoor was empty. The town of Kronberg is having their annual Christmas Fair on the main street. It was very pretty and busy. They had all sorts of food, beer, wine, and crafts. We did not stay long because my mom and Lendon were tired as was I but I did get a very tasty waffle as dessert. Hopefully we will be able to visit it tomorrow. Well I am off to bed for the night. I am feeling a bit under the weather and the best thing for that is sleep.

I will have my mom take photos of Bentley and I tomorrow.

Meg

No comments:

Post a Comment