Popular Posts

Monday, December 13, 2010

Day 4

     Well today started off a bit rocky because I forgot to leave Bentley's morning grain out so I had to rush over to the Shahof very early to make sure he had his breakfast. Then I went back to the hotel to sleep for a bit more and eat breakfast. Afterwards my "team" and I headed to the barn where I took Bentley for a nice hand walk around the indoor while the young horses were being ridden. After having the weekend off they were quite excited and were jumping around. It was nice to see that their young horses aren't always perfectly behaved.
     
     Then after most of the dust had settled from the young horses, Bentley and I went out for a stretchy ride. He was a little tight to the left but at the end he was loose and supple. Lendon and I decided today would be a good easy day for him, since he has been feeling super and we don't want to peak before the competition. I can't believe we leave for the show tomorrow!!!!! Totally crazy.

    In the evening my parents and I headed back to the barn to hand walk Bentley again. I was able to watch Ann Kathrin Linsenhoff ride, OMG it was awesome! She was having a lesson with her husband Martin Rath. They worked on some amazing piaffe, what power this mare had, I couldn't believe it. While Ann Kathrin was riding her daughter was having a lesson on a pony at the other end of the ring and her step son Matthias Rath, the new rider of world record setting Totilas was riding as well. It was quite the evening of riding. I can't wait to watch the show this weekend and see some of the best riders in the world compete.

Meg

6 comments:

  1. Meagan,

    I'm so glad I found your blog so that I can follow your progress. I'm wishing the best for you and Bentley!!!

    Ellen Baker

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Meagan, I feel like it's deja vu and I'm reading Katie's blog from 2005 when she and Noviembre did this. It's AMAZING isn't it? So much fun. Please have a blast and "enjoy the journey"!

    Marna Hamilton

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congratulations on a terrific ride today, Meagan! We are wishing you all the best tomorrow from Virginia! -- Caroline Stephens

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Meagan,
    Wishing you the best and hoping you are having a wonderful experience!! Good Luck!! Mary Michlewski

    ReplyDelete
  5. Meagan- you sure have made Rondout Valley proud of you!! The best to you and Bentley-- go show them what you're made of!!!! We're rooting for you--- Mrs. Van Sickle

    ReplyDelete
  6. Meagan - I just read Lendon's update on the final. I cannot even imagine getting through the warm-up, much less a freestyle, in that type of environment. Congratulations on representing your country so well and remaining so poised under such extreme conditions. I hope you have an amazing time training in Germany, and I look forward to watching you and Bentley in the future! - Caroline

    ReplyDelete