Popular Posts

Wednesday, December 22, 2010

Hubertus Schmidt's

Bentley and I arrived to Mr. Schmidt's on Sunday in the evening. What was supposed to take us 2 and a half hours turned into 4 and a half hours. Bentley was good on the truck so it wasn't a big deal, the weather is terrible here so I would rather be safe than sorry. On Monday Bentley had a light day of stretching and I watched everything! I mean everything all of the horses being ridden, how they are tacked up, and how they take care of their tack.

Tuesday I had what we will call an evaluation ride, Mr. Schmidt asked me to warm-up like I normally would and then he had me go through the movements in the Young Rider tests. He said there were some nice things and things we need to work on like the bend in the half passes and the pirouettes. All I could think in my head was YES, maybe Bentley can get those amazing half passes I was the top 2 Young Riders do in their freestyles, it's good to have a goal. After I was done Mr. Schmidt asked me if I would like to ride some other horses, YES!!!!!!!! The first horse he put me on was a 6 yr old stallion that I think I maybe falling in love with. He is the most supple and soft horse I have ever ridden. I am addicted to this feeling now. It was love at first flexion. I was also able to ride a 4 yr old that is learning Mr. Schmidt system and the horse sometimes has the feeling and sometimes he is like a rock, but he is learning.


Today, Wednesday. I have already ridden 2 horses plus Bentley. Bentley and I had a lesson with Hubertus who said we were much improved from yesterday. He wanted more swing from Bentley, although not perfect we were able to develop it, he wanted easier bend, check, and he wanted more activity without getting stronger, we didn't always have it but it's in there! We were then able to put all of this into the movements and let me tell you it was awesome. I had some of the best work on the canter pirouettes to date. I can't even imagine what a month will do. Well I have to go ride more horses since 2 of the trainers aren't here today there is more for me to ride!! Which I love!
Meg

No comments:

Post a Comment