Popular Posts

Sunday, December 12, 2010

Day 3

      The morning started off with going to the barn and doing our stretchy ride. Bentley felt much more supple than he did yesterday and the half halts were easier as well! After our ride Bentley went to the heater stall to relax and be groomed without being cold. The heater is quite large and very warm, he loved it! My dad gave him a nice grooming session while I cleaned and put everything away.

     After finishing at the barn we dropped Lendon off at the hotel so she could work on her computer and my parents and I walked around the Christmas fair. Besides the fair all of the stores are closed on Sunday. It was 12 O'clock and the place was packed barely enough room to walk through to find food and drinks. I knew right where I wanted to go but of course my parents wanted to take their time and walk slowly through the fair, then we finally made it the Spatzele booth. Oh my goodness it was good! Then we met up with the Canadian rider Jaimie Holland, her parents, and her trainer for these delicious Butter Waffles. They were very good, after eating our waffles we head up to the Castle in town, which actually is more like the town fort. It was very beautiful. From one of the upper sections we could see the Schahof and the horse van that brought the horses from the airport to the Schahof.

    We then went and picked up Lendon from the hotel and went back to the barn for our second ride. He came right out and felt super right from the beginning, I couldn't have been happier. We had a super ride, everything was just spot on. We did some of our freestyle movements and he was super. We haven't schooled any canter pirouettes since we left NY, and the first ones we did were SUPER!!!! And his extended canter HOLY **** it was big, I really had to think about letting him come back to a collected canter by himself and me not pulling. Easier said than done lol.

   After finishing at the barn we went and cleaned up for dinner at a nice German restaurant. Chestnuts are very popular in this region and they make a wonderful soup, I've had it at 2 different restaurants and both times it was great. Tomorrow the barn is back to its normal busyness and I can't wait to watch everyone ride again!

Meg

No comments:

Post a Comment