Popular Posts

Saturday, January 22, 2011

Last week was a quiet one for Bentley and I but now we are back into full swing. Hubertus is back from FL and I had my first lesson on Monday. It was awesome, even though I did not school any movements while Herr Schmidt was away I had the best canter pirouettes to date! At least that's what Herr Schmidt said!!! It was super cool to know that I am developing the feel for what Herr Schmidt wants and I can work on it without any help too.

Today, Wednesday, my dad flies in to visit Bentley and I. I am very excited to show him our progress and mine as well. I just got done with another great lesson on Bentley, he was a little sticky today but I worked through it and Hubertus was very happy with the decisions I made. I have to say after riding 5 horses today my butt is sore. The more I work on my seat the more sore I am, at least I know I'm using new muscles!!

I can hardly believe that I have been training at Hubertus Schmidt's farm for about a month now, it seems so crazy to me. One goal I have always had is to train in Europe, although I would not say that this goal is completed because I still have so much more to learn. But my time here is almost up and I will remember this trip forever! There is no way I could have been able to train and stay in Germany without the help of my friends and family back home, Dressage4kids, and The Dressage Foundation. I can not wait to share my experiences with everyone at home.

Meagan

No comments:

Post a Comment